- Race hosted by the Go! Running
- Located at the Clinton Presidential Library
- Great spectator environment
- USATF Course Certification #: AR15015DLP
Directions to the Starting Line
The Clinton Presidential Library is located off I-30 in Little Rock, AR and is just a 10 minute drive from Little Rock National Airport and convenient to downtown stores, restaurants and hotels. North of the city: From I-40 use the I-30 exit and get off Exit 141A Cantrell/Clinton Ave (it's the first exit after you cross the Arkansas River). Follow the sign to 2nd St/Ferry Rd. Turn left on Ferry Rd and then right on President Clinton Ave. South of the city: From I-30, take exit 140 (Ninth St/Sixth St) and continue on the service road until you reach Third St. Turn right on Third St, take the second left onto Dean Kumpuris St. then turn right on President Clinton Ave.
2011 marked the inaugural running of the Go! Mile. Aaron Batey and Tracy Tungac won to set the initial course records at 4:19.6 and 5:25.4, respectively. A total of 327 people finished the race, divided into 5 heats. 2012 saw an extra heat added for runners/walker completing their very first race. Tracy Tungac shaved five seconds off her course record to repeat as champion. In 2015, the race moves to the Clinton Presidential Library for a new course on the streets of the River Market district.
Go! Mile Course Records:
- Male Overall: Michael Hammond - 4:07.5 (2014)
- Female Overall: Keri McClary - 4:52.5 (2014)
- Male Juniors: Jake Sanders - 4:31.8 (2011)
- Female Juniors: Randy Ferguson - 6:07.1 (2011)
- Male Masters: Mark Ferguson- 4:46.4 (2014)
- Female Masters: Barbie Hildebrand - 6:12.98 (2012)
- Male Grand Masters: John Pankey- 4:53.0 (2014)
- Female Grand Masters: Barbie Hildebrand - 6:12.98 (2012)
- Male Seniors: Ron Webb - 5:39.04 (2012)
- Female Seniors: Debbie Hill - 7:18.1 (2011)
The race starts and finishes in front of the historical Clinton Library Museum.
The starting line is located slightly west of Dean Kumpuris Drive on President Clinton Avenue.
As the gun fires, runners make their way along Pres. Clinton Ave and onto E Markam St before turning left onto Sherman St. The race then swoops onto E 3rd St until making a left onto Malhon Martin St. Spectators get a good view of the runners here just past half way as the route quickly turns left onto E 2nd St before a fast right onto Ferry St before making the last turn onto Pres. Clinton Ave. There the runners enter the inspiring tree and spectator lined finishing stretch, ending at the iconic Go! Arch!
For further information, contact:
Gary Taylor, Race Director