Home   |   State Rep Blog   |   FAQs   |   Results   |   Photos   |   GP Info   |   Clubs   |   Archives   |   Links
www.arkansasrrca.com home www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index
Maintained for and by the Arkansas Running Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister *VIP Code = blue 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New race idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index -> Running Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you be interested in running in a 5K race up North Mountain and the Tower?
yes
100%
 100%  [ 5 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Joshua
Sydney Maree

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: New race idea Reply with quote

The Little Rock "Power up the Tower" race gave me the idea to have a race up North Mountain here in Hot Springs all the way up the Hot Springs Mountain Tower. The tower itself has great stairs, very wide and very solid. If it starts down by the Convention Center it would be 5K and quite a challenge. North Mountain road is about 1.5 miles uphill. The tower itself is 216 feet and has 306 steps. I'm sure a local charity like CASA would be willing to help organize the race if they get the proceeds.

The Spa 5K is likely Arkansas' easiest and fastest 5K. This would be Arkansas' toughest (and slowest) 5K.
veni2012
Jacqueline Gareau

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: 5K uphill run Reply with quote

I think it a bit long .Some of us game,but maturer types might welcome a shot at 2miles, but 3K might entail asking Life-Net and Caurth- Hale to be waiting for "finishers" on the top. Just a (hopefully funful) thought If you young bucks are ready( or have something to prove,?) more power.
(Rev.) Alan Rosenau, longtime Pacer, age 60.5, Take this as a modulated "yes" for the poll. Grandmaster win in the easiest 5k on earth: Spa 5k in November (23:30ish)
Joshua
Sydney Maree

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 5K uphill run Reply with quote

veni2012 wrote:
I think it a bit long .Some of us game,but maturer types might welcome a shot at 2miles,

Agreed it would seem very long but I was thinking of the logistics of a starting line and the only place I could think of was the convention center area. The Transportation depot area is not any closer. I guess we could use the park across the side street from the Arlington as the starting area and use the free parking deck. That would make it a two miler.
veni2012
Jacqueline Gareau

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying. I sounded grouchy( just for fun.) Probably could survive the full monte. If it is EASY, a little shorter route might help, but not a big deal really . Anyway, if it is on a Saturday (or weekday afternoon)--something I can I can clear, I'll be glad both to thumbs up and give it my own body's best shot, and promo it at St Joseph and the two Catholic churches, where we have rustled up a good little band of potential participants for races.

Thanks, for the initiative---- Alan

vascript:emoticon('Hooray and what not!')
Debbie
Peg Neppel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Power up the Tower Reply with quote

Eeegads!! I voted yes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index -> Running Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: