Home   |   State Rep Blog   |   FAQs   |   Results   |   Photos   |   GP Info   |   Clubs   |   Archives   |   Links
www.arkansasrrca.com home www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index
Maintained for and by the Arkansas Running Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister *VIP Code = blue 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has anyone ever run from Fayetteville to Little Rock?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index -> Running Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which route would you take?
Route #1
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Route #2
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Route #3
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

rsc006
Rodgers Rop

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Has anyone ever run from Fayetteville to Little Rock? Reply with quote

Has anyone ever run from Fayetteville to Little Rock? If so, which way did you go? If not, which way would you go; factoring in traffic and shoulders?

I am trying to decide which of these routes to take. I am not concerned with the distance. I am mostly concerned with traffic, driver attitudes and shoulder space.

Route #1
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Fayetteville,+AR&daddr=Little+Rock,+AR&hl=en&geocode=FXRFJgIdjkVj-imdPrUve2_JhzHPyLT8afAZRQ%3BFXEwEgIdxcV_-imbVh-hNKHShzEXW_MNEPUFNA&mra=ls&dirflg=b&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=53.741627,110.478516&ie=UTF8&z=9&lci=bike

Route #2
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Fayetteville,+AR&daddr=35.287897,-94.0976905+to:Little+Rock,+AR&hl=en&geocode=FXRFJgIdjkVj-imdPrUve2_JhzHPyLT8afAZRQ%3BFVlzGgId5i5k-im1NtXS8aLLhzEfxQG6Sn6TKA%3BFXEwEgIdxcV_-imbVh-hNKHShzEXW_MNEPUFNA&mra=ls&dirflg=b&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=53.741627,110.478516&ie=UTF8&z=9&lci=bike&via=1

Route #3
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Fayetteville,+AR&daddr=35.848024,-93.3444085+to:Little+Rock,+AR&hl=en&geocode=FXRFJgIdjkVj-imdPrUve2_JhzHPyLT8afAZRQ%3BFVj_IgIdaK1v-ik934oOtiDMhzFydpVCcpQNrw%3BFXEwEgIdxcV_-imbVh-hNKHShzEXW_MNEPUFNA&mra=ls&dirflg=w&sll=35.40342,-93.21156&sspn=1.748403,3.452454&ie=UTF8&ll=35.404722,-93.216248&spn=1.748355,3.452454&z=9&via=1

Thanks for your suggestions,

Ryan Craig
Sophia Garrett
Said Aouita

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would vote #2. It would be the most boring, as there's no scenery after highway 71, but I would not run on highway 7 or the Pig Trail. Maybe I'm being overcautious, but on the Summer weekends there are constantly dumb kids speeding around the twisties. Option 3 would be especially tedious as even the more cautious recreational drivers won't be looking at you, they'll be looking out the window at the mountains.

Either way you take, good luck and be careful. Let us know how it goes.
Bryan Jones
Walter George

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running along the interstate is illegal, so I'd drop that route idea. Good luck. I'll be looking for a report of your run after you finish it.

The bicycle suitability map on the Arkansass Highway and Transportation shows average daily traffic volumes and might be a useful resource for you in your planning.

http://www.arkansashighways.com/planning_research/statewide_planning/bicycle_pedestrian_planning/bicycle_pedestrian_planning.aspx
www.blava.org
sidewinder
Herb Elliott

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't or didn't ROTC out of U of Ark run a football from Fayetteville to the Littlt Rock games in the past for charity.... they might shed some light on the matter....good luck.
Black Stallion
Glenn Cunningham

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: has anyone ran From fayettiville to LR Reply with quote

TO Ryan, if you don't mind me saying so. look back over the years, count up your millage, take a step back. and YOU MIGHT BE SURPRISE that you have done a run from THE HILLS OF U 0F A to the plains of LR. just not in one big gulp, but where it counts a .. of time in a safer way. but whatever you decide your running friends will support you. GOOD LUCK KEEP US POSTED. I tip my hat to you I tip my hat to you I tip my hat to you We're Not Worthy We're Not Worthy We're Not Worthy We're Not Worthy Hooray and what not! Hooray and what not! feverish feverish
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index -> Running Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: