Home   |   State Rep Blog   |   FAQs   |   Results   |   Photos   |   GP Info   |   Clubs   |   Archives   |   Links
www.arkansasrrca.com home www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index
Maintained for and by the Arkansas Running Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister *VIP Code = blue 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tupelo. 2010. Get in this thread. (Also, 3 in 3 in 3!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index -> Running Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is the Tupelo Marathon awesome?
Yes
93%
 93%  [ 14 ]
Yeah
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

Ashleyp
Craig Virgin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will consider the 14.2 if it works in my schedule, but I'm going to start training Monday for Tulsa and either Memphis or Dallas so I can get that silly Maniac #!! We'l see! I'll talk to Marla! You're sweet to include us!
Rocket Man
Rick Wohlhuter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of those people who wear a t-shirt with a quote from Ben Franklin but who think he invented the telephone;
Of those people who wear a t-shirt advertising HRC-Chicago but who have never been to a HRC, or Chicago for that matter;
Of those people who wear a t-shirt of the Rolling Stones but who believe the name “Mick” refers only to Crocodile Dundee;
Of those battered women from Dorcas House or those homeless children from a local shelter who wear a racing t-shirt carefully selected from a large box of tees donated by runners;
Of those family supporters who bake cookies for the pre-race fueling, who scamper in their cars and on their bikes from one end of the course to the next with oranges and cold water for their running spouses and children, who wait at the finish line for hours in the rain or the cold or the heat, who then dare to wear that race’s official t-shirt (even in the privacy of their own homes);

Of all these people, I say, “Off with their heads!” Or, at least, “Let them eat cake!”

The t-shirt police should be given no-knock powers to invade and arrest all suspected offenders! And race directors who hand out really cool shirts (like the tie-dye ones from Tupelo) should be arrested as co-conspirators. Penalties should include having these criminals wearing their t-shirts inside-out and backwards in public places.

--More b.s. to support B.S., whose t-shirt piety is offset only by the (contradictory?) admonition to “always cheat!”
Street Reaper
Kipchoge Keino

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Clap The Clap The Clap Laughing Laughing Laughing The Clap The Clap The Clap
Black Stallion
Glenn Cunningham

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: tupelo 2010 Reply with quote

MY LAST ENTRY ON THIS SUBJECT AFTER THAT IF YOU FELL LED TO CONTINUE THAN DO SO BUT FOR ME THIS MATTER IS CLOSE. I was in FORT SMITH TODAY I WORE MY FAVOTITE RUNNING T SHIRT. the T SHIRT. FROM THE NO NAME. A s the race dir. I can and will wear this shirt. The store cleark ask what does the front of your shirt say? he read it aloud. no name 5k where is that. he read further Danville. a shoper said I didn't know Danville had a shirt. she wanted know if I was from there. AND I did this Laughing and thinking of this page. of course a nonrunner. if I had on any other RACE SHIRT she be thinking I was from that city. So I FINISH MY THOUGHT THE REST IS UP TO YOU. FOR this matter is close for me. have fun talking...
kimhoward
Emil Zatopek

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm,,,guess I better not wear my shirts from any races,,,,since I'm not from Little Rock, North Little Rock, Cabot, Malvern, Arkadelphia, Batesville. Hope, Texarkana, Ashdown, Prescott, Fayetteville, Conway, Russellville, Benton, Wynne, Ashdown, Mountain Pine, Houston, Chicago, Cincinnati, New Orleans, Dallas, or Boston. I'd hate for someone to think I was from one of those towns and not good ole' Mineral Springs The Wall The Wall The Wall I tip my hat to you
dhmac
Sebastion Coe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's certainly understandable - I wouldn't want anyone thinking I was from Mineral Springs either. Mr. Green
sassyangelac
Marty Liquori

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't sweat it Kim. All visual evidence clearly indicates that you come from Hooters.
Sophia Garrett
Said Aouita

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE STORYLINE THICKENS.

Rumors have surfaced that former Little Rock folk hero HILLARY KOGO may join the bunch, as evidenced by this Facebook chat from this afternoon (this is scientific stuff, people):

Quote:
Hillary
just resting lol! any marathons for u guys?

Me
Yeah! We're going to Tupelo again in September and Nike Women's marathon in October. You ought to come down to Tupelo!

Hillary
september!

Me
Yep, September 5th, Labor day weekend.

Hillary
am in!

Does he mean it, or has Kogo's trademark spontaneity gone into overdrive again? We shall see come September!

Also, updated the list.

Also, if you're planning on doing 3 in 3 in 3, please post here or let Michael Harmon know. Harmon's doing t-shirts again!
dhmac
Sebastion Coe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone is considering at least 2/3 of this insanity, what hotel would one conisder staying at in Tupelo?
Sophia Garrett
Said Aouita

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The short answer: Anything but Motel 6.

The long answer: Understandably, there aren't very many options in a town of Tupelo's size, and last year everyone pretty much stayed at a hodgepodge of hotels. Heck, our carpool of six people last year were split into three hotels and poor Dan had to taxi us all around. Most everyone I've talked to is staying at the Holiday Inn Express this year. Not only do you have an affordable hotel with decent amenities, but if the TV commercials are accurate, you'll run a smarter race!
DFLRunner
Peter Snell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm staying at the Comfort Inn. I stayed there last year. It was pretty nice and inexpensive, too.

The only place I've heard NOT to stay is the Motel 6 and the Hampton Inn.
Sophia Garrett
Said Aouita

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not the Motel 6, you ask? You're not the first to. I'll let Keith McCain do the explaining:

hogpharm wrote:
theblacksun wrote:
I gotta ask, why?

Top 12 Reasons Not to Stay (Ten was to limiting):
12: Stock photo on webpage is not actual property
11: 10 watt light bulbs throughout
10: Original carpeting, mattress, and bedding (I think this is the reason for the 10 watt bulbs)
9: Chance of missing race because the shower floor and curtain has intangled you in its growth medium
8: Cleaning lady that blows smoke rings in your face in response to your "Good Morning"
7: Sleeping in fear of what the next knock on the door brings
6: Permanent hotel residents don't like the tourist (Gas grills chained to post outside of minimum 8 rooms)
5: Trying to determine if the intermittent fire alarm during the night is a fire or a ploy to get you outside
4: Only hotel room I've ever shorted out the electricity
3: Stains that would require a 4 part CSI mini-series to investigate
2: Cockfight/BBQ in rear parking lot that invites your wife and running partner over for hors d'oeuvres
1: Saving 30 bucks is not worth rolling the dice on a marriage to someone who agreed to ride 3 hours to wake up at 3:00 am to go out and sit in a lawn chair in rural Mississippi for 4 hours in August on a holiday weekend and watch you run by for 15 seconds.
sassyangelac
Marty Liquori

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judge, the Kicker of Ass and I have been comfortable enough at the Super 8 for three years in a row. When you consider the few hours you actually spend in the room for this race it seems silly to bother with anything more than the basics.
dhmac
Sebastion Coe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THanks for the info. Now I just have to quit putting it off and register.
kimhoward
Emil Zatopek

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay,,,after a night at Hooters Dr. Polansky and several dares,, I will enter later,just need a ride from Little Rock..and a place to stay,,just let me know who needs a roommate. I don't snore,,or so I have been told Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index -> Running Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: