Home   |   State Rep Blog   |   FAQs   |   Results   |   Photos   |   GP Info   |   Clubs   |   Archives   |   Links
www.arkansasrrca.com home www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index
Maintained for and by the Arkansas Running Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister *VIP Code = blue 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2010 Memphis Marathon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index -> Running Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LR_Greenie
Kipchoge Keino

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: 2010 Memphis Marathon Reply with quote

Just thought I'd mention to everyone interested in running for the half at Memphis that it's now full. Good for them, but to fill a half-marathon 3 months before the race seems a little odd to me. I wish they would have put some info out there a least letting people know they were close to filling up. I was going to register today before the first price hike, but I guess not. Ok, enough with my rant.

Anyone thinking of going to Dallas White Rock?

Not doing the full since I'm looking for a good tempo run in preparation for the Disney full in January.

Everyday I'm shufflin'!
Alison
Liz McColgan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested in Dallas White Rock and running it with my brother, who is there, and getting into this "running thing" that he used to make fun of me about. A strong LR contingent would be perfect!
TC
Ian Stewart

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: White Rock Reply with quote

Having never done this and heard about so many Arkansans talk about it.....I may in for a group outing.
kimhoward
Emil Zatopek

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have changed the course this year, along with the expo being in a different place than the previous 8 years I ran it. It now starts and finishes at the Cotton Bowl Crying or Very sad instead of the American Airlines Center, which change my mind about doing it this year. It still will go around White Rock Lake, so it should be a fast course.
dmeroney
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently people can still get in the Memphis half marathon but you have to sign up to be a fundraising hero. I think the threshold is $500.00.

Arkansas RRCA State Rep
staterep@arkrrca.com
http://www.facebook.com/ArkansasRRCA

@ArkansasRRCA
#arkgrandprix
#arkrun
501 - 291 - 5642
Sophia Garrett
Said Aouita

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be at Memphis!

...Oh, this thread is actually about White Rock, you say? What a misleading thread title! ;D
npfd603
Rodgers Rop

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to their website Memphis is now sold out on both the full and half. Some charity spots are still available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index -> Running Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: