Home   |   State Rep Blog   |   FAQs   |   Results   |   Photos   |   GP Info   |   Clubs   |   Archives   |   Links
www.arkansasrrca.com home www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index
Maintained for and by the Arkansas Running Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister *VIP Code = blue 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obituaries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index -> Running Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Ancient Brit
Zola Budd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Obituaries Reply with quote

I do hope you will not mind my posting the following news.
This morning, in the "London Times" newspaper, there is a full page obituary to "Jefferson Thomas". Notated, Jefferson Thomas, one of the "Little Rock Nine". Was born on September 19, 1942. He died of cancer on September 5, 2010, aged 67.
As an Honoury Citezen of Arkansas, and An Arkansas Traveller, I suppose that I have a more than ordinary interest in the happenings in your delightful State.
You might like to know, that my cancer has been all but eradicated, and I am now enjoying rude health, to celebrate my good fortune, on the last Saturday of May, I ran/walked and stumbled over the rather famous "Del Passatore 100 km Race", from Florence, over the Appenine Mountains to finish in Fiensa, took my 16 hrs, but hey, I made it, and felt so wonderfully at ease with myself afterwards, so you see, those of you thart may remember me, there is still life in the old fart.
Greetings to you all. The Ancient Brit. Lou Myers.
TC
Ian Stewart

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lou for the post. So thrilled to hear about your health and accomplishments.
The Ancient Brit
Zola Budd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TC wrote:
Thanks Lou for the post. So thrilled to hear about your health and accomplishments.
Wink Hi Ian, Thanks for the reply, God bless. Lou.
The Pink Panther
Arne Andersson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Obituaries Reply with quote

[quote="The Ancient Brit"] on the last Saturday of May, I ran/walked and stumbled over the rather famous "Del Passatore 100 km Race", from Florence, over the Appenine Mountains to finish in Fiensa,

Wow, I've been to Florence! What a beautiful city. I was there at night though. Perhaps it's more lovely at night with all the twinkling lights but I was shocked at the public toilets Shocked Congrats on all your achievements! Europe is a great place to spread your Nike wings! Ohhhhh YEAH!

Lisa Vorwerk
aka Pink Panther
River Valley Runner Rookie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index -> Running Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: