Home   |   State Rep Blog   |   FAQs   |   Results   |   Photos   |   GP Info   |   Clubs   |   Archives   |   Links
www.arkansasrrca.com home www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index
Maintained for and by the Arkansas Running Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister *VIP Code = blue 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RRCA Coaching Certification Course

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index -> Running Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrea s-ski
Kipchoge Keino

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: RRCA Coaching Certification Course Reply with quote

The LRRC will be hosting an RRCA Coaching Certification Course on January 15th and 16th at the Museum of Discovery in downtown Little Rock. Details and registration can be found at http://www.littlerockroadrunners.com/index.php?main=coaching For further details on the RRCA Coaching Certification program, click here http://www.rrca.org/coaches/ Courses are in high demand across the country and usually sell out quickly. In fact, this course is already about half full! Also, this is the very first time an RRCA Coaching Certification Course has been held in AR. Don't miss out on this opportunity!
The Pink Panther
Arne Andersson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know if a public school would recognize this coaching endorsement as appropriate for a certified teacher? I'd like to coach one day and currently I'm certified to teach in Arkansas but don't have the coaching on my certificate. I'm looking for something to show a school that I'm knowledgeable. What do you know?
andrea s-ski
Kipchoge Keino

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what the requirements would be for the schools. You'll have to check with someone there to know for sure. I will say this though, the course is geared toward training long distance road runners. It doesn't cover any aspect of track and field or XC so I don't know that it would be the best bang for your buck if you are wanting to get into high school coaching.
The Pink Panther
Arne Andersson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrea s-ski wrote:
I have no idea what the requirements would be for the schools. You'll have to check with someone there to know for sure. I will say this though, the course is geared toward training long distance road runners. It doesn't cover any aspect of track and field or XC so I don't know that it would be the best bang for your buck if you are wanting to get into high school coaching.

thanks for the feedback....I just checked out the new GP 2011. What is the go mile?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index -> Running Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: