Home   |   State Rep Blog   |   FAQs   |   Results   |   Photos   |   GP Info   |   Clubs   |   Archives   |   Links
www.arkansasrrca.com home www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index
Maintained for and by the Arkansas Running Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister *VIP Code = blue 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2011 LITTLE ROCK MARATHON - A FEW MORE PACERS NEEDED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index -> Running Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guy
Peg Neppel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: 2011 LITTLE ROCK MARATHON - A FEW MORE PACERS NEEDED Reply with quote

The Little Rock Marathon Pacer Program boasts a history of providing a positive experience for runners hoping to achieve personal goals. For 2011, Pace Times have been adjusted to mirror Boston Qualifying times. Consequently, additional Pacer slots have been opened and need to be filled by experienced, optimistic, positive, qualified, unselfish runners. If you have a minimum of five completed marathons under your belt, we invite you to inquire about joining the 2011 Little Rock Marathon Pace Team. Pacers work in two’s. As a Pacer, you will be charged with leading a group to a finish time that falls over your PR by approximately thirty to forty minutes. As a Pacer, it will be your job to lead, counsel, support, encourage, and deliver your group of runners to the finish line with near pinpoint “Pacing” precision. In addition to the personal satisfaction of doing your job well, and helping provide new and veteran runners an unforgettable marathon experience, Pacers receive a host of SWAG, including complimentary registration and access to the legendary “Perks Tent”. Many slots are already filled. Yet, several remain. Pace times span 3:10 to 8:00 hours. If you are interested, e-mail a brief marathon running resume’ to me and include your PR, your e-mail address, and cell phone. In the subject line, please insert “PACER INQUIRY”. Follow-up communication will take place outside of this forum. Let me hear from you quickly!
Guy Patteson
Pace Director, 2011 Little Rock Marathon
guypat3@gmail.com
PT
Sonia O'Sullivan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 LITTLE ROCK MARATHON - A FEW MORE PACERS NEEDED Reply with quote

Guy wrote:
In addition to the personal satisfaction of doing your job well, and helping provide new and veteran runners an unforgettable marathon experience, Pacers receive a host of SWAG, including complimentary registration and access to the legendary “Perks Tent”.

I've paced at LRM numerous times, and have already signed up for 2011. It is a really cool thing to help runners to the finish line of a marathon. It's something you won't forget, and it's also something they won't forget.

Heck, I've lost runners along the way, who told me later that had I not gotten them as far as I did, they'd have never been able to finish. So even if you don't get a full crew to the line on time, you're still helping folks out.

And then, of course, you have as Guy puts it, The Legendary "Perks Tent"... the perks tent rocks... how do it rock you ask... here's how it rocks...
Dr. Polansky Dr. Polansky Dr. Polansky Dr. Polansky Dr. Polansky Dr. Polansky Dr. Polansky Dr. Polansky Dr. Polansky
Dr. Polansky Dr. Polansky Dr. Polansky Dr. Polansky Dr. Polansky Dr. Polansky Dr. Polansky Dr. Polansky Dr. Polansky
just say'n...
LT
Rosa Mota

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i LOVE the look of those perks PT!! You think they need a 2:40 pacer? Wink
PT
Sonia O'Sullivan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LT wrote:
i LOVE the look of those perks PT!! You think they need a 2:40 pacer? Wink

I like the way you think LT... Wink
dmeroney
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put in my application. *fingerz crossed!*

I wonder what people would think about a windsock pacer...

Arkansas RRCA State Rep
staterep@arkrrca.com
http://www.facebook.com/ArkansasRRCA

@ArkansasRRCA
#arkgrandprix
#arkrun
501 - 291 - 5642
LT
Rosa Mota

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally, would LOVE, a windsock pacer. Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index -> Running Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: