Home   |   State Rep Blog   |   FAQs   |   Results   |   Photos   |   GP Info   |   Clubs   |   Archives   |   Links
www.arkansasrrca.com home www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index
Maintained for and by the Arkansas Running Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister *VIP Code = blue 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prefontaine vs. Armstrong
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index -> Running Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Pre vs. Lance in a Marathon
Pre
75%
 75%  [ 9 ]
Lance
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

Robert Holmes
Kathrine Switzer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MB. Myself and I'm sure others would appreciate more accurate descriptions in the titles of your forum postings. This one undoubtedly should have been;

Prefontaine vs Sheryl Crow's ex-fiance (Armstrong)
stealthycat
Glenn Cunningham

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Holmes wrote:
MB. Myself and I'm sure others would appreciate more accurate descriptions in the titles of your forum postings. This one undoubtedly should have been;

Prefontaine vs Sheryl Crow's ex-fiance (Armstrong)

LMAO..... Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DavidCPA
Said Aouita

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian S-ski wrote:
Here's a video of Pre vs Liquori in a 1 mile race on a really crappy looking indoor track. Nice interview with Prefontaine at the end too.

Indoor Mile

There are some other good videos pulled up with that one. The '72 5,000m final was pretty neat. Should have had a bronze except that one fella kicked like hell for 3rd.
onthepitch
Said Aouita

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first considered this subject, I actually gave honest thought to what Lance Armstrong might be able to accomplish. But, I don't know if there is a professional cyclist out there who could pass a drug test. Especially with the news about Floyd Landis this morning. Do any of them play by the rules? I would have to say Pre hands down. The only "substance" in his system seems to have revolved around hops and barley and malt. Of course, this was the late sixties and early seventies. Hmmmmm.......
MarathonBoy
Abebe Bikila

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am no doctor, but possibly could "high levels of testosterone" be due to just being a friggin stud?? rolling eyes:

A white crystalline steroid hormone, C19H28O2, produced primarily in the testes and responsible for the development and maintenance of male secondary sex characteristics. It is also produced synthetically for use in medical treatment.

This was too funny not to share.

Basketball's Barkley switches political teams, eyes governor's office
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) -- Former basketball star Charles Barkley says he's switched political teams from Republican to Democrat and is again talking about running for governor in his home state, possibly in 2010.

MarathonBoy
Abebe Bikila

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stealthycat wrote:
I've read Lance's book, and he's chalk full of himself, and angry.

I haven't read the book (since I only read books autographed by the author) but I read a tiny blurb in the paper about his marathon and he was quoted as saying "I am just doing it for fun of it." This is the most classic cop-out line ever, translation "Just in case I embarrass myself, I better tell the world that I wasn't taking it seriously." Yeah, right! This one ranks right up there with "its just a training run" which I hear in the rare instances when a surprised fellow runner has me catch up to them during a race. Tip: Don't ever tell someone passing you in a race that you are just on a training run, even if you are. It is insulting!! :evil:

By the way, regardless of this comment, I think he is the greatest athlete of this and maybe any generation. I don't think anyone has ever dominated a sport and overcome as much adversity, not just the cancer, but the constant danger of wrecks (how many runners ever worry about falling down?), everyone wanting him to lose, etc. etc. etc.

Meduna
Dave Bedford

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worry about falling down every step I take. Those dang highway workers paint those lines thick on purpose.
MarathonBoy
Abebe Bikila

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meduna wrote:
I worry about falling down every step I take. Those dang highway workers paint those lines thick on purpose.

Well ok, good point, I guess...you don't want to end up looking like this!!

MarathonBoy wrote:

Chuckster, think Meduna could handle a trail run in the dark??

PT
Sonia O'Sullivan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too worry about falling... when I first got talked into trail running, it took only a few runs for me to earn the nickname "Resident Tripeee"!! Embarassed

In fact on one run, a late arriver was driving up and noticed a lone runner standing by the cars. He thought, "wonder who that could be", the lone runner turned toward the car, to show a frontside covered in mud... the later arriver laughed and said "hey, pt's here"!!

And even though I'm better at it now, than then... if there's a place to fall out there, I'll find it!!! Laughing
tim
Khalid Khannouchi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They would of tied. Or we can go off who had the better actor play as them in their story. Billy Crudup or Matt Damon. Since I haven't seen the movie for Lance Armstrong because it hasn't been released I will pretend is was Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting. Matt Damon wins because Billy Crudup was in MI:III.

"Colorado and Nebraska should combine, then Nebraska would have mountains, and Colorado would have a football team."
Meduna
Dave Bedford

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarathonBoy wrote:
Chuckster, think Meduna could handle a trail run in the dark??

Do I smell a challenge???
jwperez

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going with Lance. Pre was a wimp.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwperez wrote:
I'm going with Lance. Pre was a wimp.
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index -> Running Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: