Home   |   State Rep Blog   |   FAQs   |   Results   |   Photos   |   GP Info   |   Clubs   |   Archives   |   Links
www.arkansasrrca.com home www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index
Maintained for and by the Arkansas Running Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister *VIP Code = blue 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Year in Pictures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index -> Running Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Picture of the Year
Paul Ward's Alter Ego
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Kim Howard's Secret Identify Exposed!
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Brian Hawg-hat-ski
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
David H. Williams' Good Side
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

MarathonBoy
Abebe Bikila

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: The Year in Pictures Reply with quote

With the first anniversary of the ARKRRCA forum only a week away, its time to relive some of the highlights and vote for your favorite pic from the following nominations:

LoisLane
Kipchoge Keino

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did vote - athough I would have chosen this beauty - had it been an option. Laughing

sidewinder
Herb Elliott

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry its me.......but it is a worthy pic......lmao........just as long as my mom doesn't see it......lol
sassyangelac
Marty Liquori

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'm fully aware that I'm too much of a newbie to cast a qualifying vote, I had to choose Wonder Woman for the Best Typo category. Well done, Wink
MarathonBoy
Abebe Bikila

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: The Year in Pictures Reply with quote

MarathonBoy wrote:

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of the forum. In celebration, the winner of the Picture of the Year is none other than our beloved former LRRC president and the 2005 running club President of the Year, not to mention the nicest guy you'll ever meet, Paul Ward!!

Congratulations to Paul and also to the site administrators for a year well done, as well as their award for the 2005 Volunteers of the Year for thier work on the site. I have certainly had my share of fun with it, and some of that fun even had something remotely to do with running!

paulward
Sydney Maree

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jacob. I guess you deserve most of the credit for the picture because that's your hirsute chest welded to my head. I appreciate the kind words.

It looks like your one year anniversary of joining the forum is a few days away. Think you can hit 800 postings by then?

I second your congratulations and appreciation to the site administrators. Thank you guys. This site has been a real benefit to the running community in Arkansas and many people enjoy the fruits of your labors.
MarathonBoy
Abebe Bikila

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulward wrote:
It looks like your one year anniversary of joining the forum is a few days away. Think you can hit 800 postings by then?

I dunno, Paul, I'm at 780 with 6 days to go...I suppose I could put up a few Marathon Profiles, start a few polls, maybe run a "Best of MarathonBoy" series, start up a new series of Marathons, ala the Trilogy and the Summer Sonata...(we actually have one planned right now), maybe go back to some of my favorite topics and make something up to get them back to the top, such as "MarathonBoy does 3:16:49 at Atlanta," just to make sure it really happened and wasn't just a distant dream. (It was actually 3:16:42 net, which was 43 seconds away from a BQ.) It's been all downhill from there, but what I have lost in speed, I have tried to make up for in entertaining the running masses on the forum.

Yes, its been a heck of a year for the forum, and I have certainly enjoyed it! Can't imagine life without running, running buddies, and posting on the forum. Oh, and here is my personal favorite quote of the year. Since it was anonymous, I dream that it is representative of hopefully more than a few of you.

Anonymous wrote:
MarathonBoy wrote:
Yeah, no excuses here!! I am proud to be consistently and soundly spanked at every race by literally every person I know.

Buddy, Jacob: You are the heart and the offbeat soul of the RRCA Grand Prix. You represent all of the fun of the series. It is fun to line up and race. It doesn't really make a big difference if you "win" or not. It is the fact that we all attempt to win, or just race our best, and have a damn good time. You keep on, baby. Just watch that marathoning stuff and don't get hurt.

MarathonBoy
Abebe Bikila

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian S-ski wrote:
Polansky Topples Williams!

Good grief!! How did I miss this candidate for Picture of the Year??!!?? Embarassed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index -> Running Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: