Home   |   State Rep Blog   |   FAQs   |   Results   |   Photos   |   GP Info   |   Clubs   |   Archives   |   Links
www.arkansasrrca.com home www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index
Maintained for and by the Arkansas Running Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister *VIP Code = blue 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How many days do you run each week?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index -> Running Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many days do you run each week?
Every day
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
6 days
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
5 days
40%
 40%  [ 8 ]
4 days
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
3 days
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
2 days
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1 day
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0 - I just like the witty banter of a running forum
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

DavidCPA
Said Aouita

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: How many days do you run each week? Reply with quote

Just curious.

I started out last year running nearly every day. I was injured in March (probably an overuse injury), took a month off to recover, and now only run three days a week. It seems to work for me.
stealthycat
Glenn Cunningham

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: every day Reply with quote

I find that the extra days for easy runs help my body recover and also provide cardio conditioning. I also find that I get injured the same amount whether I run 3-4 days/week or 7 days a week...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kimhoward
Emil Zatopek

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 days a week. I take Fri. and Sundays off. Sometimes I will do my long run on a Sunday if there was a race that Saturday.
bransom
John Walker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,

I run 6 days a week ALWAYs taking at least one day off (Friday) for rest more if I have a big race on the weekend. If I do alot of biking I will run 5 days instead of 6. I do at least 3 easy runs out of the 6 runs I do a week. I have been doing yoga twice a week for the last year and my instructor is an ex-marathon runner so she really works with me on injury and all the running muscles to TRY to keep me injury free. Today was yoga day and she just about killed me because I told her I had a good hard run last night because of the weather.

Brenda
Gi-Gi
Wes Santee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vary every week it seems. On average I get about 5 days in but I have done 6 and 7. I normally take off Friday’s and Monday’s.
Meduna
Dave Bedford

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the button for it varies between 0 and 32.
MarathonBoy
Abebe Bikila

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually run 8-10 days per week depending on how many marathons I have that week.

Actually, I voted 4 - I wish it were 6. For the past 6+ years, it has averaged 4 with some some stretches of almost 5 but with only twice with 5 days off and never more than 5 days off in a row, so I have been very very blessed.

However, I live for the witty banter of the forum, and wish there had been some kind of combo choice.

Rocket Man
Rick Wohlhuter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What might be interesting is to compare the injuries that are suffered by those with higher-mileage/no-rest-days responses. I am in the early weeks of training for my next marathon and am running 5 days/week with about 35 miles (12 mile long runs). I usually take the days off after my long run and after my speed work. I think rest days are critical. You can drink more beer then. 8) Wink
MarathonBoy
Abebe Bikila

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you asked, I'll volunteer.

I wish I could run every day, but only get in 4-5. I think these schedule-enforced recovery days have certainly prevented injury, as I have never really had one. Mr. Green

Regarding rest days and long runs, I have found that the most important time to run is the next one after a marathon. I will be almost crippled till 100 yards into the next run and then it works itself out. I used to go the next night after limping around all day, and now I go the next morning.

My overall mileage is down the past year because I am almost always in either a taper or a recovery period. They usually overlap.

Rob, I predict a major PR for you in Rocket City!!!

stealthycat
Glenn Cunningham

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarathonBoy wrote:
I wish I could run every day, but only get in 4-5.

Well there are some that just can't handle 7 days a week. hee hee. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bransom
John Walker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...........my six days a week just went to 5 days this week. I went out to run today and got 1/4 mile down the road and realized I felt like crap. Turned around went home and relaxed. This doesn't happen often but when it does I have learned to listen to my body.
stealthycat
Glenn Cunningham

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bransom wrote:
Well...........my six days a week just went to 5 days this week. I went out to run today and got 1/4 mile down the road and realized I felt like crap. Turned around went home and relaxed. This doesn't happen often but when it does I have learned to listen to my body.

uh - that counts. anything over .1 counts as a run. Laughing I've done that too - doesn't it suck? you'll probably have a good race though. :)
DavidCPA
Said Aouita

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With 14 observations, we have an average of 4.86 times running per week. That's dedication Very Happy
MarathonBoy
Abebe Bikila

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 more votes, Mr. CPA - have you updated your spreadsheet yet?? Laughing

DavidCPA
Said Aouita

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to post a new topic on Grand Prix math but decided to wait until the Clear Mountain 5K tomorrow to post it. Basically it will prove that Mr. Brianski has the lockdown on the male overall title unless he gets injured or some of his primary competition gets faster.

What's wrong with a spreadsheet anyway? How else would you keep up with your races times, the trends thereof, and the projection of future race times based on a linear regression with a higher r squared score? Very Happy

It's all about the numbers baby :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index -> Running Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: