Home   |   State Rep Blog   |   FAQs   |   Results   |   Photos   |   GP Info   |   Clubs   |   Archives   |   Links
www.arkansasrrca.com home www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index
Maintained for and by the Arkansas Running Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister *VIP Code = blue 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official Pukers Club
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index -> Running Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you ever puked after/during a race?
Yes
41%
 41%  [ 10 ]
No
58%
 58%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 24

MarathonBoy
Abebe Bikila

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian S-ski wrote:
"pulling an MB"

Here is an actual untouched and uncropped photo taken from the official photographers website from a recent marathon. The runner, although too fast to actually be caught fully on camera, appears to be on the verge of "pulling an MB." Note the curvature of the lips and the obvious strain on the neck and upper chest muscles (using that term somewhat loosely), which are not normally taxed in this way by the movements generally associated with running, and which indicate some kind of upward spasm.

This was a finish line shot (I suspect the lady on the right was doing the half marathon, as implied by her bib number - I am also guessing that she appreciated the obviously intentional obscuring of her face in this, the momento of her lifetime dream of completing a half marathon), but unfortunately the time clock was not included. Strangely, no additional finish line photos of this runner were included in the series. John Perez and his 2:57 finish line photo was the next one in the series.

By the way, I am distraught that my puking brethren shot out to a 4-0 lead, just to be overtaken by those too embarrassed to admit it or who are too lazy to make it happen.

karen
Zola Budd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: puking Reply with quote

Gee! Runners would ask me to please not puke on their shoes at the end of a race. They would just clear away from me at the finish line.
I literally used to run my guts out!
LoisLane
Kipchoge Keino

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always one to keep multiple threads going - once again MBoy provided this photo-op while traveling between the Arkansas Marathon and the Big Dam Bridge 5K this morning.

Note: Yes, that is MY Big Dam Bridge goodie bag!
MarathonBoy
Abebe Bikila

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That pic so does not do this moment justice. This was more of a video moment that still photography. 10 minutes of mostly dry heaves. I tied a tight knot in the bag and then we forgot and left it in the car to bake in the sun for about 2-3 hours. Fumigation appointment forthcoming.

Brian S-ski
Paavo Nurmi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I puked today on a freaking training run. And I still had a mile to go.
Strangely, Perez was there to witness it, just as in Lincoln. I can only conclude that Perez causes me to vomit.

Mr. Puke
MarathonBoy
Abebe Bikila

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Details please! Color, texture, content???

Just ask JP about his 50-K episode. I have never heard anything like it. I thought a bear was mauling someone. Imagine the uncomfortable feeling of running toward that sound for about a mile.

Did anyone get puke on their shoes in the Firecracker chute? Rocket Man said the two guys in front and two guys in back of him were losing it.

This is my all-time favorite thread. I am thrilled it has made its way back to the top, where it belongs. That Lincoln finish line shot and essay are classic.

Brian S-ski
Paavo Nurmi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strangely again, it looked very similar to the Lincoln vomit: yellowish-green, pure liquid, with no chunks.
Not unlike what this little guy is spewing forth:
Mr. Puke well, maybe a little more yellow than that.

Oddly, unlike Lincoln, I had no gatorade of this color today or any time recently. I actually have no idea where the color came from, unless it was Hollowell's margarita mix from Wednesday night or just bile from my body. Both of which are pleasant thoughts to me.
TigerPaw
Bob Schul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarathonBoy wrote:

Did anyone get puke on their shoes in the Firecracker chute? Rocket Man said the two guys in front and two guys in back of him were losing it.

Okay, maybe God made shoes for a reason. But I'm still not wearing them.

I have never puked in training or racing. I must be lucky in that regard. :)
sassyangelac
Marty Liquori

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only done it once, but once was enough, since it was only a small part of full body rebellion, in which I got a nosebleed, puked, peed my pants, and fell down and brained myself on the curb all at the same time, all to the delight of a bunch of construction workers who were watching.

The worst thing was having to walk through the gym, bloody, wet, and stinking to change my clothes, only to get to the locker room and remember that I had left my bag in the car. So, another humiliating march through the gym so everyone could get a second chance to make a joke about what must have happened to me.

Embarassed

Last edited by sassyangelac on Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
sassyangelac
Marty Liquori

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarathonBoy wrote:
I have never heard anything like it. I thought a bear was mauling someone. Imagine the uncomfortable feeling of running toward that sound for about a mile.

Laughing
OMG, I don't have to any ab work today after laughing at this...I'll never puke again without thinking of a bear mauling someone.
andrea s-ski
Kipchoge Keino

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked the female chute at the FC 5k and the pukers were in full effect. Mr. Puke

I did have to do a little fancy footwork a couple of times to keep from getting my shoes puked on.
Lee Epperson
Steve Scott

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Yes - on the poll Reply with quote

Yes - a few times back in the day. Nothing recent. Now I just fall down and lose control of my legs!
DFLRunner
Peter Snell

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarathonBoy wrote:
Details please! Color, texture, content???

This is my all-time favorite thread. I am thrilled it has made its way back to the top, where it belongs. That Lincoln finish line shot and essay are classic.

No, I didn't get puke on my shoes at the Firecracker. I crossed the finish line, saw that, and leaped across it.

Now, had I seen the person in the act of puking, I would have joined him. I am a sympathetic puker. If I see someone puke or hear "that sound" of someone puking, move out of my way.

Mr. Puke

I'm feeling queasy as I respond to this. Embarassed
TigerPaw
Bob Schul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Yes - on the poll Reply with quote

Lee Epperson wrote:
Yes - a few times back in the day. Nothing recent. Now I just fall down and lose control of my legs!

I know how you feel. Because I did the same thing at a XC Ski Half Marathon in Colorado. Only I fell down three times in my finishing kick. My dad was also at the finish line waiting for me to finish. Later on he asked me... "Did you fall down like that all during the race???"... I think my body just built up too much lactic acid for my finishing kick and I lost all of my coordination. Thankfully, that is the only time that has happened to me.:)
Hollowell
Clarence DeMar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now back to the poll.....never....BS, did y'all finish the margaritas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ArkansasRRCA.com Forum Index -> Running Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: